Discover your free Construction Marketing Ideas Email Newsletter

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Thanks for the thanks

Image from Daniel Hughes' Architectural Solutions Blog (Imaginit Technologies)

Since starting this blog about eight months ago, I've made it a policy to permalink any Construction Marketing blog. I've defined the criteria to include any blog that is:
  1. a blog, that is contains personal entries and thoughts in the web-log (blog) format;

  2. is related to construction and its related professions such as architecture and engineering;

  3. has independent content that is not just self-promotional in nature (though I don't force too many value judgments of the content value);

  4. and is updated with some reasonable frequency.
In the early goings, I sought out relevant construction industry blogs and couldn't find many -- but those that qualified received permalinks off this site, with no expectation of reciprocation. (These one-way links are like 'gold' in the search engine world -- because they can heavily influence Google page ranks, for the sites receiving the link; especially if they are high quality and relevant pages.)

Fortunately, I am now seeing plenty of links returning to this site -- and the result, not surprisingly, is our page ranking is rising and interest is growing. Things will get more interesting in a few weeks when an article I wrote in the spring about blogging is published in The Marketer, the magazine of the Society for Marketing Professional Services(SMPS).

Today, I learned that Daniel Hughes of the Architectural Solutions Blog had kindly written a Thank You entry to me. This is really neat.

In the meantime, if you know of relevant blogs serving the AEC industry and would like a one-way permalink to your site, let me know. You can post a comment, or email me directly at buckshon@constructionnrgroup.com.

No comments: